We’ve taken our innovation to new heights with the complete waterproofing system for approved aged membranes that can improve and extend the life of an existing membrane roof and save on energy costs at the same time. As membrane roofing systems become weathered, rooftops can crack, leak, and pick up dirt, diminishing their effectiveness and energy saving properties. Conklin’s elastomeric coatings can repair aged TPO, PVC, EPDM, CSPE, CPA, and Modified Bitumen.
A Membrane Coating System is an effective and economical alternative to a complete tear off. Conklin’s elastomeric roof coatings provide cost-effective roof restoration for approved single-ply substrates, resulting in improved energy savings, and years of new life for an old roof!
Adding a white, energy efficient, lightweight coating on top of your current black EPDM roof is the smart choice for a number of reasons. Today there are millions of square feet of heavy, black BUR and Mod. Bit. roofs in serious decline due to age and the effects of thermal expansion. By applying one of Conklin’s lightweight, white, reflective coatings directly on top of their existing substrates, building owners can save substantial time and money.
A great return on investment is another important reason to choose Conklin’s Membrane Coating System. Many satisfied customers discover that a Conklin roof pays for itself during the warranty period in lower air conditioning costs. Federal tax rebates, tax credits and deductions may also offset your investment. In many cases, the government considers recoating a procedure that can be deducted as a maintenance cost. Check with your local utility company, tax advisor, and www.energystar.gov for additional details.
Eliminate future roof tear-offs
Years from now, when it’s time to renew the superior protection of your Conklin roof, a simple recoat will do the job. In most cases, multiple recoats can be done for the entire life of your roof, saving you the expense of a new roof. With your recoat, our material warranty may also be extended several years. Your Aggressive Roofing Contractor will inspect your roof and advise you of the best way to restore the protective envelope of your building.
- Stops leaks with superior waterproofing.
- Offers superior protection from wind and hail..
- Increases energy efficiency and lowers utility expense with its cool, white reflective surface.
- Extends the life of the existing roof.
- Possibly avoid the expensive tear-off and haul away of your existing roof and the tremendous workplace disruption it causes
- Potentially save enough in cooling costs to pay for your recoat within just 7 years! Our Energy-Star rated white top coats reflect up to 85% of the sun’s heat rays, cooling your roof and building naturally so you spend up to 30% less on air conditioning
- Possibly qualify for new federal tax credits and/or rebates earmarked for energy efficient projects.
“Anyone who has doubts whether a white roof coating makes a difference should have been in our building on a 100-degree summer day. Usually, the air conditioner struggles and it gets very hot in the shop. However, with our new white roof from Conklin, our air conditioners were cycling and customers and employees were commenting how nice it was in the building.” Roger L.